Hi it's me Again!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011


Have you ever spent weeks on end playing mindless games just to escape the reality that haunts you every day? I did, while my loving hubby so kind let me to my current addiction. Maybe I was doing this because I knew another storm was brewing, and it was, my grandma passed away. I wasn’t quite ready for this. I knew it was going to happen I just didn’t think it would be so soon. Her health had faded away. She lived such a vibrant life full of Service and Gratitude, that I was immediately drawn to all of my many memories we shared together. Its funny how sometimes life works a little in reverse. We attended a beautiful service for her where I shared this tribute:

I took for granted the strong family I was born into, because that was all I knew. No matter what the circumstances were I always love being surrounded by Family at my grandma’s house. I didn’t realize how much I really missed a good o’l Alvey Gathering. It was a happy day but kind of sad.

I think I found a part of what my life was missing, what I craved. I can’t guarantee that I still won’t have my days of funk. Sometimes In order to find yourself you have to lose yourself. Was it worth it I’d have to say triple times yes! (insert happy dance here). If you never leave you’re comfort zone, Will you ever know what you’re capable of? I don’t know what our future holds, but I’m certain that it’ll include change.

If you’re struggling to find you’re “happy” then I encourage you, No I CHALLENGE you to think back to when you were a kid and remember what really made you happy back then and then spend you’re year doing just that!
I know a few of us Alvey Grandkids just might find ourselves behind the lattice fence building huts and playing house. (don’t you dare get next to the ditch bank, without me of course).
Until then; we’re not here to be perfect we are here to make mistakes and to learn from them.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

About US

My photo
We got Married in the summer of 1999. what a crazy Year that was. So many of our friends and family got married that same year. It's been a wild ride but after all, we are LIVING HAPPILY EVER AFTER! ~Even after all this time the slipper still fits~

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe